‘The city of dreams, The city of screams. The city of riches and poor, The city of accidents and cure.’ These lines, etched by Sandeep Makhija, a True-Blue Mumbaikar, would make you go WOW. So true. That’s what Aamchi Mumbai truly is! In Mumbai, little pieces of Joy lie around at every corner, waiting for you to enjoy and cherish it.
Here’s why Mumbai is the BEST metro city in India.
1. A Melting Pot of Cultures
Mumbai is full of diverse thoughts and various Religions. The Koli-Community, Parsis, Hindu-Muslims and what not. Each of them are true Mumbaikars at heart.
2. The ‘Locals’
The ‘Locals’ are Mumbai’s lifeline. You cannot dissociate Mumbai from it’s locals. One full train ride is all it takes to explore the city’s people and you get acquainted to them in just a matter of days.
3. The Festive Culture
They sure know to Celebrate festivals, ALL of them. Holi, Eid, Diwali, Ganesh Utsav, you name it. The excitement of the people during these Festivals, especially Ganesh Utsav is electrifying.
4. One for the Ambitious Dreamers.
Mumbai is the City of Dreams. I hate to sound clichéd, but Dreams do come true, everyday. Ask Sachin Tendulkar, then just a small kid playing Cricket at Shivaji Park.
5. Vada Pav – Our Burger King
Vada Pav is our Burger. While chasing dreams, you may not have time for yourself but there’s always time for Vada Pav.
6. Less Space, Huge Heart.
The line that best describes the Mumbaikars, ‘Ghar bada nai hai toh kya hua? Dil Bada Hai!’ You won’t feel like a newcomer in Mumbai for too long.
7. Modern, with a Spice of Ancient British Architecture.
Mumbai has the Best Infrastructure. We may have modernized, but The Gateway Of India, CST and other Ancient Architectures run in the veins of every Mumbaikar.
8. Mumbai – Flooded With Opportunities.
Opportunities come knocking to you in Mumbai. They always do. Mumbai is flooded with opportunities of all kinds. They say, “No one goes hungry in Mumbai” and it is absolutely true.
9. For Every Square Inch, There is one Inspirational, Motivational Story.
Nawazuddin Siddiqui- A journey From Watchman to a Bollywood Star.
10. Mumbai to Bollywood, is what L.A. is to Hollywood.
Hollywood may produce Oscar winning Films, but Bollywood is HUGE. One billion moviegoers cannot be wrong.
11. Mumbai sure has AMAZING Street Food.
Mumbai matches the Street Food of any other city. For Gol Gappas, we have Pani puri, for Break Pakoda we have Vada Pav. And who can resist Gola at the Chowpatty?
12. Shopping and Mumbai go Hand in Hand.
Want to revamp your wardrobe without a hole in your pocket? Possible! Shopping here Ranges from Street Shopping to the Malls. Designers, Various outlets and the Streets have so much of choice always.
13. The Phrase, ‘Work Hard, Party Harder’ was probably coined for Mumbai.
Night is the time for fun, Because Mumbai never sleeps. After a tiring day at work, the variety of Clubs and Hangout Spots in Mumbai make sure you never get bored!
14. One for the Artistic – From Kala Ghoda to Jehangir Art Gallery.
Kala Ghoda Art Festival is just huge, with people strolling in from across the country. It offers everything that an Artist drools for – Cinema, dance, music, literature, you name it.
15. Bandra Worli Sealink – Our Golden Gate Bridge.
Bandra-Worli Sealink is just Pure Class. The only good thing from the ‘Gandhi’ Family perhaps.
16. The Most Accepting Lot of People Reside in Mumbai.
‘Liberal’ should be Mumbai’s middle name. A girl once said,”Whatever I wear, Wherever I Go, Whenever I Go, no one raises an Eyebrow.”
17. The Old Bakeries and Cafés keep us delighted, Always.
The Iranian Bakeries and their Buns-Maska with chai, Priceless!
18. Dharavi – The Home to Numerous Bright Underprivileged Minds.
Dharavi is Mumbai’s largest Small Scale Industry. Dharavi is also the epicenter of Mumbai’s Recycling industry. Danny Boyle owes one to Dharavi, doesn’t he?
19. Sachin Tendulkar is Our Brand Ambassador.
The world Loves him but Sachin loves Mumbai.
20. The SEA, the Only Thing that remains the same in this Fast Paced City.
Be it Marine Drive or Worli Sea-face, there’s always something to suit your mood. When you have a doubt, you can always turn up to the sea. Nothing Calms nerves better than the breeze.
Feel nostalgic? Let us know if we missed anything that has a special place in your heart.